Theme sentence: Living by the Spirit impacts how we conduct ourselves in the church family.
Aim sentence: Serve one another in love as you boast in the cross of Christ and all it has achieved.
Serve one another in love (1 – 10)
As we live by the Spirit our lives should be lives of service to others.
- Serve those living in sin (vs. 1).
- Serve those under heavy burdens (vs. 2-5).
- Serve those doing the teaching (vs. 6).
- Serve as you sow to the Spirit (vs. 7–8).
- Serve all by doing good to others (9–10).
Only One Boast – The Cross (11 – 18)
The cross has changed EVERYTHING! The grace that Paul is on about in Galatians is only possible because of the cross. Our redemption was won on the cross. We were declared “Not guilty” because of the cross. Our adoption papers were signed with the blood shed on the cross.
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ!
Here is the full song that was played at the beginning of the sermon.